Regional Fundraising Specialist, AsiaCompany: UNICEF
Date Posted: October 17, 2012
Regional Fundraising Specialist, Asia
AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A LASTING DIFFERENCE FOR CHILDREN
Post: Regional Fundraising Specialist, Asia
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Salary grade: P4 (see below for more details)
Reporting to: Regional Chief of Private Sector Fundraising, P5
For 60 years, UNICEF www.unicef.org has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Background to the role
UNICEF is seeking an experienced professional with a proven track record of private sector fundraising and partnership building at the international level. This individual is responsible for the development of regional fundraising and activities focused on individual donors in assigned Country Offices in the region including China, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines. It is based in the Regional Office in Bangkok, with frequent travel in the region. This individual is expected to:
- Under the overall supervision of Regional Chief of Private Fundraising and Partnerships in Regional Support Center in Bangkok, develop and ensure the successful implementation of strategies for individual fundraising in assigned countries
- Advise countries on the maximization of private income from individuals
- Ensure the profitable and strategic utilization of investment funds within the region.
- Act as the fundraising advisor to Country Offices and be accountable for private sector fundraising recommendations and performance in the region, as well as to prepare annual budgets and provide ongoing reviews of performance
- Assist the Regional Chief of Private Sector Fundraising champion individual fundraising within the region
Major duties and responsibilities
- Analyse, develop and promote long term strategies and programmes to maximise revenue potential from individual donors in selected countries within the region. Analyse competitive environment and make recommendations for action.
- Direct and proactively support and, when required, directly implement individual fundraising activities within the region through the Fundraising Managers in country offices. Identify innovative fundraising opportunities for testing.
- Strengthen existing fundraising channels and identify additional or innovative fundraising channels for testing.
- Support and build the capacity of fundraising teams within countries.
- Formulate market research programmes for each country and provide guidelines for market testing and results analysis.
- Develop an annual Regional Work-plan and Budget (including country specific support plans).
- Coordinate and monitor the strategic utilization of investment funds to maximize fundraising opportunities.
- Manage the development of content and the organization of regional fundraising meetings, training workshops and other knowledge exchanges specifically focused on individuals fundraising.
Advanced University degree in any of the following: Economics, Marketing, Business Administration, Fundraising, or equivalent functional specialties in marketing management with training in direct marketing and private sector fundraising. A first level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Experience and skills required
The most compelling candidates will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Minimum 8 years progressively professional work experience and the combined skills and knowledge of private sector fundraising or direct marketing at an international level. Experience of simultaneously supervising and supporting multiple country teams would be relevant.
- Demonstrable capabilities and skills in teambuilding, training, presenting, management, inter personal skills and leadership are all highly valued.
- Current knowledge of latest brand management as well as direct marketing, mass appeals, database management and direct response fundraising.
- Experience of digital fundraising and market knowledge is a plus
- Fluency in English is essential, other UN and/or relevant regional language(s) an asset
A formal UN format job specification is available upon request.
This is a P4 post on the UN Salary scales. To find out more about what this means please visit the UN site on Salaries and Post Adjustment http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm, noting that additional duty station allowances may be added. A salary simulation may be available to applicants selected for interview.
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Emily Bracken at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “UNICEF – Regional FR Specialist” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
The deadline for applications is Monday 5 November 2012
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a two stage application process which means that candidates that fully meet the criteria above will be subsequently asked to complete a further online process within the UNICEF recruitment system.