Regional Corporate Partnerships Specialist, East Asia & Pacific and South Asia RegionsCompany: UNICEF
Date Posted: October 17, 2012
Regional Corporate Partnerships Specialist, East Asia & Pacific and South Asia Regions
UNICEF - MAKE A LASTING DIFFERENCE FOR CHILDREN
Post: Regional Corporate Partnerships Specialist
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Salary grade: P4 (see below for more details)
Reporting to: Regional Chief of Fundraising (P5)
For 60 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Background to the role
UNICEF is seeking an experienced professional with a proven track record of building and maintaining outstanding inter-organisational partnerships. This individual will ensure that UNICEF's partnerships and broader engagement with the private sector in the Asia Pacific region maximizes results for children by leveraging financial and non-financial resources and infusing the child rights perspective into private sector policy and practice. The position encompasses the East Asia and Pacific (EAPRO) and South Asia (ROSA) regions. It is based in the Regional Office in Bangkok, with frequent travel in the region to Country Offices and private sector entities.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Provide technical support to Country Offices in engaging and partnering with the private sector, including the development of strategies and supporting the development of specific partnerships.
- Build capacity in corporate partnerships and private sector engagement in the Regional Offices and Country Offices in close liaison with the central corporate engagement and fundraising units.
- Undertake research to identify and profile private sector entities with whom UNICEF can partner to leverage results for children.
- Document and share knowledge (good practice, lessons learnt, tools materials, etc.) between Country Offices in the region, and between the region and other regions as well as Headquarters.
- Explore, develop and manage regional-level partnerships and broader regional engagement with private sector entities, in support of regional programmatic priorities.
- Provide oversight of due diligence in developing partnerships, ensuring adherence to global strategies and policy.
Advanced University degree in any of the following: Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Communications, Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, or other related fields.
Experience and skills required
The most compelling candidates will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- A minimum of eight years of professional, international work experience in establishing and maintaining inter-organisational partnerships
- Knowledge of corporate social responsibility
- Fluency in English and at least one other official UN Language - Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), French, Russian, or Spanish
- Experience in social development, resource mobilisation and of working with international development organisations is a significant asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Salary This is a P4 post on the UN Salary scales. To find out more about what this means please visit the UN site on
Salaries and Post Adjustment http://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm To apply
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Meagan Greenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “ your name CV” Please put “UNICEF – Regional Corporate Partnerships Specialist ” in the email subject line. Also please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
The deadline for applications is Monday 5 November, 2012, 6pm Central European Time
PLEASE NOTE: There will be a two stage application process which means that candidates that fully meet the criteria above will be subsequently asked to complete a further online process within the UNICEF recruitment system.